Why Consider Christian Education?
Schooling is an important time in a child’s life. Christian parents are called to help their child grow in knowledge and wisdom in the Lord. Christian parents have the responsibility to “train the child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6).
Although smaller class sizes, academic success, and a positive atmosphere are evident at Sanborn Christian and are attractive attributes of Sanborn Christian…these are not the main reasons of enrollment here. Sanborn Christian School seeks to be in partnership with parents in educating their children in order to fulfill our mission as parents and as a school which is: “Educating Under God’s Word For Serving God In His World”.
- A Christian school is a school where structured learning nurtures children in their intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, physical and technical development, all from a biblical perspective.
- A Christian school opens a child’s eyes to the wonder and awe of God’s creation. It also seeks to help children and young people see their place in God’s world.
- A Christian school educates children for a life of faith and offers students the freedom to explore, experience and evaluate all of life under the Lordship of Christ.
- A Christian school educates children for a Christian life in a diverse community.
- Within a Christian school, learning occurs in an environment where the community is united in love and in which faith and learning are interwoven. The learning compliments what is being taught in the home.
Within a Christian school, students are provided with opportunities for service learning. Students can use their God-given talents for His service – a life of discipleship.
- A Christian school prepares students for a life in which they can be transforming agents in society and in every area of life.
There are additional reasons for considering Christian education for your child. As parents, you are welcome to visit the school during the school day to see our students and teachers in action. Deciding on an educational institution for your child is a major decision. May God bless you as you prayerfully consider Sanborn Christian as the place to have your child “educated under God’s Word for serving God in His world”.
Mr. Anthony Minderhoud