Considering Sanborn Christian for Your Family?
At Sanborn Christian School, our goal is to partner with families so that our children continue to grow academically, but also spiritually and to develop a Biblical worldview. We want to continue the things that are already happening in your home and in your church and bring that into an everyday rhythm in the lives of your children and family in general.
We firmly hold to the importance of what is called “the three-legged stool”. A stool with three legs functions only when all three legs are working together. At Sanborn Christian School, the three important legs that must function together for the well-being of your child are: the church, the home, and the school.
- Sanborn Christian School exists to educate primarily the children of Christian parents, and educates from a Reformed persuasion.
- That admission is not limited to the above, however. Any Christian parent who agrees with or is willing to have his/her children taught according to our Basis and Purpose and Statement of Faith, is invited to enroll his/her children at Sanborn Christian School.
- Sanborn Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 15 of the school year in which they are enrolled in kindergarten. Parents or legal guardians must provide proof that a child has been adequately immunized according to recommendations provided by the State Department of Health before a child can be enrolled in kindergarten.
- Students must be of suitable age and academic maturity for the grade assigned. Grade placement is determined by the administrator and/or the Education Committee and faculty.
- The Board of Trustees, through a properly designated committee or administrator, may interview all new families prior to enrollment.
- Normally, both parents should be present at the interview.
- In the interview, parents shall be fully apprised of the basis, purpose, and program of the school.
- Parents will be asked concerning their Christian commitment and their dedication to maintaining a Christian home and involvement in a Christian church.
- The motive for application shall be discussed to ascertain whether the desire for enrollment is in keeping with the school's basis and purpose.
- A definite understanding of financial obligations shall be reached.
- All families need to sign the parent contract.
- If more information is required after the interview, a written recommendation from their pastor or from a constituent member of our school may be required.
- The Board shall require of all parents a signed statement that they have read and agree with the stated basis and purpose of this school and the Statement of Faith, and that they desire for their children the Christian atmosphere and academic program and will be supportive of this atmosphere and program.
- The Board shall require parents, whose Christian perspective varies with that of this school, a signed statement to permit their child(ren) to be taught in keeping with the basis and purpose of this school, the Statement of Faith, and indicate non-interference with the Christian direction of this school.
To schedule a visit, or set up a tour of the building, or to request more information, please contact our front office at 712.729.3288.
To begin the process of enrolling your child at Sanborn Christian School, please complete and submit the following form to the front office by April 30: